The BC Government is providing businesses up to $7,500 in funding for the Launch Online business grant to provide businesses with the necessary funding to build or improve their eCommerce store or online booking system
- Do you run a small to medium-sized business and need help moving your store online, creating an online booking system, or improving your existing website?
- Do you sell products that could also be sold through an online eCommerce store, or are you a restaurant or artist?
- Do you provide services that could be booked online?
- Does your business operate in BC and did it generate at least $30,000 in sales in 2019 or 2020?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you could qualify for up to $7,500 in grant funding from the BC Government’s Launch Online initiative. ML360 Inc. is a full-service agency and can help you navigate the application process and produce a beautiful, optimized website once you receive your grant approval.
How Does The Program Work?
This program provides funding assistance for businesses like yours to develop an online shop or an online booking system and/or improve your existing online operations to attract new local customers and expand to new markets. The grant will pay for up to 75% of eligible expenses, up to a maximum of $7,500 per business.
Who qualifies for the grant?
There are some very specific criteria that you need to meet in order to be eligible to apply for this grant.
- The business is owned by a B.C. resident or residents;
- The business’s sole or primary operations are in B.C.
- The business is registered in BC
- The business generated sales of more than $30,000 in the past year (in 2019, or in the year preceding the application)
- The business does not currently have an online store or has an online store with limited functionality
- The business does not currently have an online booking system or has an online booking system which requires optimization for online operations
There are a few more requirements that we’d love to help you understand. If you meet all the above and would like to learn more, please contact us right away. These grants are awarded on a first come, first served basis.
What sort of services and products can this funding be used for?
Grant recipients can use the funding for a variety of online-related expenses, including pictures, creating an online inventory system, advertising costs, subscription costs of an e-commerce platform and training staff to manage the website. Here are a few more declarable expenses:
- Website and platform development
- Requirements and planning
- Inventory development
- Point of sale system integration and training
- Photography or stock imagery procurement
- eCommerce platform subscription fees (up to 1 year)
- Search Engine Optimization & marketing including advertising and banner creation for Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc…
ML360 will help you to develop a rock-solid grant proposal that details how you plan to use the funds. Submitting vague or incomplete info could result in a rejected application! This needs to be accomplished in relatively few words, so it’s important that we accomplish this perfectly using our proposal writing experience.
The Application consists of 33 questions and If you have all of your info prepared in advance, the application can be completed in under 20 minutes. We will guide you through the process using information that we have already collected. Ml360 will help you determine whether your business meets the eligibility criteria and help you submit your proposal with the highest chance of success!
Grant Decision & Award
Once submitted, your application will be vetted and considered for the grant. The consideration process takes roughly three weeks at which point the grant committee will contact you with the decision on your application.
At ML360 we’re here to assist in taking your business online and/or strengthen your current online presence. Your Success is our Success! Contact Us in the form below and we’re here for you each step of the way forward.